The Glinner Update

The Glinner Update

Share this post

The Glinner Update
The Glinner Update
The Thin Blue Lie
Copy link
Facebook
Email
Notes
More

The Thin Blue Lie

A miracle in East Dulwich

JL
Jun 25, 2021
126

Share this post

The Glinner Update
The Glinner Update
The Thin Blue Lie
Copy link
Facebook
Email
Notes
More
50
Share
Twitter avatar for @Southwark_News
Southwark News @Southwark_News
The mother told the News how she was violently strangled in front of her ten-year-old son in a random attack and the police visited her home three days later #Dulwich #SE22
southwarknews.co.ukExclusive: Woman strangled by stranger in East Dulwich random attack ‘called 999 four times’ but police failed to show up - Southwark NewsOfficers visited her home three days later
3:15 PM ∙ Jun 15, 2021
3Likes6Retweets


Earlier this month four women were attacked in separate incidents in East Dulwich, an area of South East London, over the course of one weekend.

The Southwark News reported on the first of these attacks. It described the ordeal of the initial victim who was assaulted during the evening of Friday 11th June while walking home with her 10-year-old son.

According to the article, an unknown man suddenly grabbed the woman by the throat and tried to smash her head against a wall. He then proceeded to choke her, leaving ‘significant marks’ on her neck, as her terrified child fled to seek help.

She told the paper, “He just stopped and I managed to run and call 999. They said a car would arrive within an hour. At this point I could still see him on the street.” She talks specifically about her attacker being a man and the incident was reported to the police as having been committed by a ‘male suspect’.

The police did not turn up as promised and the victim had to wait three days for officers to visit her.

Three more women were attacked in the area over the weekend. One suffered knife wounds and required hospitalisation.

Finally, the police made an arrest, whereupon the suspect miraculously changed sex.

Twitter avatar for @MPSDulwichHill
Dulwich Hill Police @MPSDulwichHill
#CHARGED A woman has been charged for a series of separate assaults against four women last weekend in #WoodVale #Sydenham Marie Archer, 53, will appear at Bromley Magistrates' Court this morning (Thursday, June 17th).
Twitter avatar for @MPSDulwichHill
Dulwich Hill Police @MPSDulwichHill
#ARREST: A woman, 53, has been arrested for GBH after several assaults against four women last weekend #WoodVale #Sydenham One victim was treated in hospital for a knife injury. Her injuries were not life-threatening. We will carry out further patrols this weekend https://t.co/rerw4sopRd
10:50 AM ∙ Jun 17, 2021
23Likes10Retweets


Dulwich Hill Police reported on Twitter that a 53-year-old had been arrested for grievous bodily harm following the assault of the four women. A couple of days later, they tweeted that the suspect had now been charged and would appear at Bromley Magistrates’ Court.

On both occasions they described the suspect as a woman.

Twitter avatar for @MPSLewisham
Lewisham MPS @MPSLewisham
#CHARGED | A woman has been charged in relation to a series of separate assaults against four women last weekend at #WoodVale #Sydenham @MPSDulwichHill Marie Archer, 53 (06.12.67) will at Bromley Magistrates’ Court this morning. #UPDATE
Image
10:33 AM ∙ Jun 17, 2021
8Likes10Retweets


When Lewisham police force also tweeted about the ‘woman’ arrested for GBH, they named the suspect as 53-year-old Marie Archer.

Two years ago a 51-year-old Marie Archer was arrested in Penge after smashing up a van. Penge is part of the London Borough of Bromley and located within a few miles of East Dulwich.

The Marie Archer arrested two years ago was described as having ‘ejected bodily fluids’ in such copious amounts that the police van and cell required a ‘special deep clean’ for hygiene reasons.

Twitter avatar for @Southwark_News
Southwark News @Southwark_News
One woman was wounded with a knife #Dulwich #SE22
southwarknews.co.ukExclusive: Three more women violently attacked by ‘knife-wielding suspect’ in East Dulwich after police fail to turn up to 999 call - South…One woman was wounded with a knife
6:15 PM ∙ Jun 15, 2021
3Likes2Retweets


The Southwark News reported on the further attacks and on Marie Archer’s arrest.

“A 53-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm with intent and remains in custody while enquiries continue. Police say they believe she is the only suspect, and had initially been mistaken for a man.” 

“Had initially been mistaken for a man...”

Women live with the almost ever-present threat of male violence. We are vigilant, we appraise, we observe, we calculate risk. We know only too well which sex is a danger to us.

Do the police honestly think a woman could be ‘mistaken’ about the sex of someone who’d grabbed her on the street, attempted to smash her head against a wall and tried to strangle her so hard that they left marks on her throat? Or is their devotion to gender identity ideology so complete that they’re actually willing to distort evidence of a crime and mock its victims?

126

Share this post

The Glinner Update
The Glinner Update
The Thin Blue Lie
Copy link
Facebook
Email
Notes
More
50
Share

Discussion about this post

Liz Ryan
Jun 25, 2021

Good job she didn't tweet a misgendered tweet about her attacker. She'd be booked for commiting a non-crime hate crime.

Expand full comment
Reply
Share
1 reply
Sibella Growler
Jun 25, 2021

I’m fucking incandescent with rage. Beautifully written, JL. Women are no longer a priority according to the Met and London is a very dangerous place with no guaranteed protection for the female sex, especially from TIMs.

Expand full comment
Reply
Share
1 reply
48 more comments...

No posts

Ready for more?

© 2025 Graham Linehan
Privacy ∙ Terms ∙ Collection notice
Start WritingGet the app
Substack is the home for great culture

Share

Copy link
Facebook
Email
Notes
More